The Houlton Water Company (HWC) is a municipally owned utility providing electricity, water, and wastewater services to the northern Maine community of Houlton and portions of the surrounding towns. HWC serves approximately 5200 electric, 1700 water, and 1800 wastewater customers and provides its customers with low cost reliable service.
The company employs 22 people, most of whom are located at the 21 Bangor Street office. Because we are centrally located in the community, we pride ourselves on our quick response time for routine service, power outages, water leaks and other emergencies.
Pledge To Our Customers
- Attention to your needs and concerns
- In Times of emergencies we will provide that extra effort
- Provide a knowledgeable polite staff to answer your questions
- Provide correct, precise information about our services, bills, and payment plans
- An appreciation for the customer